01 December 2008

Popcorn & Cranberries Garland - Crochet

This is another of my own original crochet designs. I wanted to make a faux string of popcorn & cranberries for our Christmas tree.

Popcorn & Cranberries Christmas Garland

My free pattern can be found HERE or listed in the box on the right. If you can do double crochet, you can do this! I can't wait to see it on our tree this year. With each Christmas season getting more and more commercialized and materialistic, I love going back to an old fashioned Christmas, and the real meaning of this wonderful season.

When we wake up Christmas morning, the kids open their stockings while their Dad and I wake up and get some coffee. :O) But, before opening our regular gifts, we read the story of the birth of Christ from Luke chapter 2. And no, we are not forcing our kids to do this when they'd rather be digging into those gifts. They ASK to do this every year now, it means that much to them. It brings us back down to what the holiday is really about and sets our priorities on what is really important.

I hope everyone has a safe, wonderful, old-fashioned Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment