23 March 2009

Bunny Blanket Buddy started


Here's my progress so far on the Bunny Blanket Buddy for my Grandaughter for Easter. I found this pattern in the book Vanna's Afghans A to Z (page 12) It's called a Blanket Buddy and it will have a hood in the corner that looks like a bunny face. I am also planning on adding a few more cute touches which I will show you as I do them. I can't wait to give it to her!

I think I'm on the 24th row here and I need to do 38 rows before starting the hood. Darn, those rows take forever to get to the corner as the blanket gets bigger! LOL! I know it looks like the start of a pinwheel! Ugh! But I will block it when it's done and that will fix it.


Closeup of the stitches



3 comments:

  1. I like the pattern/stitch....I will have to check out Vanna Afghans a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gi. It's all double crochet with a chain-3 at the corners. Very easy to do! The hood part will be slightly trickier with increases and decreases, but the directions are easy to follow. I love Vanna's book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lookis like it will be really cute. I have made a few blankets in-the-round and like this it just seems like you are going forever and ever without end. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete