24 February 2009

Lattice Rose Rug

Lattice Rose Rug
Pattern from Crochet! Magazine, March 2009 issue

I finally finished the rug for my Mom's birthday! The pictures are when I blocked it and had it drying, but you can see how I did. I had it blocked on a foam board with towels over it, and this was the first time I tried to block anything. I'm really happy with how it came out! I can't wait to give it to her. Her birthday is Feb 25th, but we're celebrating on Sat, so I'll give it to her then.

Close-up of the Flowers in the Center

It wasn't as hard as I thought it might be, but it was a bit of a challenge doing the 2 strands together through the whole thing... a little hard on my hands. lol

With the pattern was an identical pattern for a matching doily, done with cotton thread instead of worsted weight yarn, so I'm going to give my Mom the pattern since she crochets with thread and I don't. She makes beautiful doilies! So this way she can make a matching one for her bedroom. :O)

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!! Your Mom is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should really be proud of this! It's among the finest work I've ever seen. Of course, being your husband, I'm completely impartial ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Great colors...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. It looks just like the pattern picture!

    How funny is this...I too am making this pattern for my mom for her birthday! (July 17th) I came across your web page when I was searching for rug backing as the pattern called for. I am finding the rug is a bit "floppy" because it is so lacey. Did it tighten up a bit after blocking it? Did you use rug backing? If yes, what did you use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I didn't use any rug backing. My mom said, "Put this on the floor?! No way!" Ha ha! She keeps it over the back of her couch. It looks really nice there. It was a little floppy, but not too bad. Blocking did tighten it a bit, and it also helped it to flatten out. The crocheting had ruffled a tiny bit, so that was nice. Happy Birthday to your Mom! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete