13 February 2009

Winter Love Afghan... beginnings


Heart Afghan progress

I had posted about this afghan before (I called it the Heart Afghan), but at that time I was doing grey squares between the red heart squares. I changed my mind. :O) Those grey squares just weren't working. The top 2 squares on the left are stitches together, but the other two are just laying kind of in place. I used Vanna's Choice (love that yarn!) in White and Cranberry.

So, I got another pattern from SmoothFox which was the snowflake square you see here. I thought it looked so cool with the red hearts! Both squares are from SmoothFox and they can be found in her Etsy Store. I used the 7x7 Easy Snowflake, and the Revised Heart of a Child (which I revised again for my needs. *wink*) patterns.

So this afghan will be great during Winter, from Thanksgiving straight thru till Valentine's Day! Sort of a Winter Love thing. LOL! Yeah! That's what I'll call it...

Winter Love Afghan

Yeah, I like it. LOL! I'll keep you posted on the progress, but I had to put it aside for a bit to do my mother's birthday gift, and start on an Easter gift for my grandaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment