11 January 2009

Heart Afghan beginnings

Well, now that the Holidays are over, I hope everyone had a Joyous Christmas and enjoyed a nice start of the New Year. My first blog of 2009 is the start of a new afghan. Only the 2nd afghan I've ever tried, and the first one was started 35+ years ago.... and is STILL not finished! LOL


This was my own idea. Very simple really. I'm using Lionbrand Homespun yarn for the gray (Eduardian color) squares and the white borders, and Vanna's Choice cranberry color yarn for the red hearts and the white squares (which aren't done yet). I hope these two yarns will go together okay. They're both so soft!





The cranberry hearts are part of a pattern called Heart of a Child from SmoothFox's Etsy shop. I really LOVE this heart pattern, which will be in the center of a white square when finished.

Then I will be connecting the gray squares alternated with the heart squares for the afghan. This one is for me. :O) I've spent months making things for everyone else so now this is for me. My recliner is in a chilly part of the room so I can't wait to get this one done! It's going to be so soft and warm! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment